The Literacy Research Centre at Lancaster University works to understand the role of literacy in all areas of social life and to improve communication and collaboration between researchers and educational practice. The centre is closely associated with the Department of Linguistics and English Language and the Department of Educational Research.
We recently decided to restart our old blog (which can still be viewed here) as it was only updated sporadically. We hope that this current blog will be updated on a weekly basis by those researching within the Literacy Research Centre and related departments.
Our current research interests include:
- Literacies and everyday life, including in the workplace
- Digital literacies
- Adult and continuing education
- Literacy, ethnography and the anthropology of writing
- Multimodal literacies
- Literacies and prison life/education
- Early childhood literacy
- Literacies and the environment, locally and globally
- Learning literacies in formal and informal settings
- theoretical and methodological issues relating to literacy
In addition, we also hold a weekly research discussion group. More information on that can be found here.